GGK empowers 2,000 underserved young children last year. Aims to double CSR efforts this year.
At GGK, giving is ingrained in our culture. We care about a better world as much as we care about our employees, clients and all other stakeholders. Through the employee giving campaigns, management contributions, volunteering efforts and donation of resources, we have been supporting several programs related to child education, women empowerment and environment since 2004 – whether it is building sanitation, boarding facilities, child rehab or training young girls. And the result is – “we have had a positive social impact on over 10,000 children since 2004, 20% of them in the last year alone!” Just like last many years, GGK Management held on to its promise of contributing 200% of what employees contribution and we were able to improve the total funds by 102% over the last year.
GGK will be the presenting sponsor of “Run for a Girl child”, charity run organized by our CSR partner Seva Bharathi. This year’s event is scheduled to be held on 7th January at Gachibowli. All proceeds from the run will go towards aiding girl child education. Employees from GGK Tech will be participating in huge numbers to raise awareness for the cause. You can also support the cause by registering for the run at sevabharathi.org.
Social Impact is important at GGK because it makes us who we are. Here is the snapshot of our key social programs and their impact over the last year
- Kishori Vikas is a women empowerment program started by our NGO partner Seva Bharathi in 2005 to create a platform of skill development for adolescent girls living in slums. This program imparts training in the areas of education, health, hygiene, safety, self-defense, yoga, meditation, vocational training and career guidance.
- GGK Tech has been supporting 350+ young girls across 12 such centers through resources and our continuous employee led volunteering activities and will continue to do so in the coming years.
Affection Home for boys:
- Vathsalya Sindhu is a destitute home for boys in the age group of 5-12 years. The orphanage takes care of all their essentials including boarding, food and clothing. Apart from education the center also focuses on all round development of children including soft skills, meditation, sports and extra-curricular activities.
- We have contributed significantly towards building a new facility with G+3 floors from our last year’s funds.
Sandipani Awasam in Mahbubnagar(Telangana, India) is a caring center for the victims of child labor. It is a result of the perpetual efforts by our NGO partner, Seva Bharathi since 2002 in the campaign against Child labor.
- GGK Tech has been a consistent sponsor for infrastructure of this facility. We helped them build toilets and facility earlier. From the last year’s annual fund we contributed towards the expansion of existing infrastructure facility.
- Education to every child is crucial to ensure a better tomorrow of our country. In most cases children drop out from school because their family could not afford educational resources. To address this, YFS, our CSR partner, gifts school kits every year to deserving children from the under served communities.
- GGK Tech contributed 750 school kits from the last year funds. We have also volunteered in packing and distribution of these kits in sub – urban & rural areas.
It makes us feel proud of what we achieved over last year and the fact 100% of our CSR funds were utilized for causes related to education. The infrastructure projects we supported too made progress and are starting to show measurable outcomes. In the coming year, we will continue to support sustainable programs related to child education, find newer ways for creating more social value & better societies.
While we’re proud of what we have achieved, we look forward to double our CSR efforts in the coming year, refine our approaches and use learnings to scale the most impactful programs. We would like to thank all our employees, volunteers, CSR partners and everyone who helped us make a positive social impact over the last year, we look forward to your continued patronage.