America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing America’s health insurance community. It advocates for public policies that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality, and innovation.
The AHIP’s Institute and Expo 2018 was held from June 20 to June 22, 2018, in SanDiego, CA. Like previous years, GGK Tech continued to be a sponsor for the yearly event. At the expo, GGK Tech demonstrated its healthcare services and solutions, drawing on the decade of experience in serving health payers successfully.
Expo 2018 Highlights:
It had more than 200 companies filling the Exhibit Hall with their varied products and services. The expo also witnessed prominent industry speakers who shared insights on trending healthcare topics such as:
- Employing Bundled Payments Across Provider Network
- Value-Based Care Market Research
- Population engagement strategies using intelligent software and technologies such as AI
- Five Points that Help You Reach for the STARs
- Demystifying the Convergence of Precision Medicine
- Value-Based Care
- Privacy, Data, and Personalization in 2030
Key areas of discussion at the expo:
Bridging the gap between data and outcomes by using Machine learning, predictive insights and automation to deliver payer/provider data insights
Implementing Successful strategies to battle widespread opioid abuse such as:
- Preventive education
- Proper medication disposal
- Increased access to the opioid-overdose reversal medication
- Ongoing advocacy to improve tools such as Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs, which help pharmacies and prescribers prevent abuse
Enabling healthcare enterprises to unleash the power of intelligent technologies to deliver personalized, efficient and informed care and to create deeper, more meaningful relationships with people
Formation of an industry Alliance to Address Provider Data Challenges such as:
- To convene public and private organizations to collaborate on provider data challenges.
- Collectively develop a shared, long-term vision across the industry for provider data.
- Design a roadmap of critical approaches and strategies that will reduce inefficiencies across the healthcare system.
Using the potential of Digital technology, help the U.S. healthcare system achieve the below goals:
- Helping patients become more engaged in their own care
- Closing communication gaps
- Identifying patients’ needs and tailoring services to meet them
- Enabling consumers to get care in convenient, cost-effective ways
- Managing Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) provides an opportunity for states to address accountability, cost efficiency and better outcomes for consumers, and expansion of existing programs either statewide or beyond dual eligible.
Quality Based Payments
To implement Value-based care, health plans have moved a step ahead and included SDOH and claims data in addition to traditional data sources to assess the quality of services and derive risk for accurate risk payments and increased possibility of profit sharing.
Please visit https://ggktech.com/industries/healthcare/payers/ to know more about GGK’s service and product offerings in healthcare space and to request for a free personalized demonstration of our solutions.