America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing America’s health insurance community. It advocates for public policies that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality, and innovation.
AHIP Institute and Expo 2017 acts as a strong platform which is leading the way in significant transformation in America’s healthcare industry. Thousands of healthcare professionals come there to unveil the opportunities in revamping the healthcare industry. Held on June 7th, 8th and 9th of this year in Austin, Texas, the expo saw around 200 exhibitors who showcased their tools and solutions which can transform healthcare industry.
The expo witnessed prominent industry speakers who shared insights on trending healthcare topics. Some of the key topics were advent of Alternate payment methods (APMs), bundled payments over encounter payments, advanced analytics and transforming the data into actionable insights, mobile applications and technology disrupting the healthcare, care for patients with fatal conditions.
The following were the key discussion areas at the expo:
- Importance of value based care in dealing with complex mental health problems and the relevant quality metrics post patient discharge.
- Digital solutions including emotional resiliency tools and tele health solutions for innovative care programs.
- Importance of integrated care (an important aspect for the healthcare stakeholders) to focus on quality treatment, follow-up care, pharmacy and post discharge care, reducing opioid epidemic etc.
- Measures to minimize the opioid overdose, a new major area of concern causing fatal cases in United States, through proper analysis of substance abuse, addiction treatment, pain diagnosis and out-patient risk calculation.
- Comparison of bundle and episode payments along with highlighting the advantage of episode payments despite the difficulties faced in maintaining the same for larger population.
- Importance of palliative care models for improving quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness by home visits, removal of prior authorization for case management etc.
- Customer Empowerment with low cost and high quality drug alternatives by providing them with advanced search features and thereby recommending suitable drugs.
- Value based reimbursements for Medicare Advantage enabling better health, improved quality and minimizing costs.
GGK Tech exhibited CRUX Health Payer Suite at booth #415 in AHIP Institute & Expo 2017. CRUX Health Payer Suite is the result of our deep industry expertise and our work over the last decade with leading health payers in alleviating several of their major pain points. Our cloud compliant health payer suite offers you highly configurable modular solutions for Enrollment, Member Services, Billing, Agent Portal, Member Portal and Self Service BI to greatly simplify health plan operations.
GGK Tech has over a decade of experience in serving health payers. It has an exceptional record of delighting its customers by providing services including Custom Application Development, Analytics, Automation, Mobility, AI, Cloud, and DevOps & IoT. We focus on delivering quality services and solutions to clients thereby adding value.
Please visit https://ggktech.com/industries/healthcare/payers/ to know about GGK’s service and product offerings for health payers and to request for a free personalized demonstration of our pre-built health payer suite.